Role: Director, Finance and Operations
Location: Hamilton Bermuda or Remote
Compensation: Salary + Bonus (+ potential equity)
Reply: Apply online at https://alphainnovations.io/careers/
Alpha Innovations is a next-generation asset management company that is moving quickly to disrupt our industry. As our name suggests, we are hyper-focused on mining a finite resource – persistent alpha from public and private markets. While that is the goal of most asset managers, we have designed our firm to cost-effectively extract various forms of alpha from different markets and deliver that alpha to our investors, who have entrusted us with their capital. By building our firm from the ground up with the latest technologies, we have created an asset management firm for the future--one with the unwavering goal of enriching our valued investors.
While AI’s corporate goals are quite simple, our business is not. As we roll out diverse and innovative products and strategies across varying jurisdictions, our financial planning and operations become a complex system. We need a Director of Finance who can not only delve into the financial and tax aspects of a project, but also see the larger picture of what we are building and offer creative solutions to optimize our results. This role is far from your typical senior finance/operations role. Rather, it is one which will be at the forefront of our efforts to reshape not only AI's business, but also our industry. AI has a high-performance culture and this role demands an experienced finance professional who can operate at a continuous high level.
- Contribute to the continuing improvement of AI’s business and infrastructure by formulating, evaluating, recommending and aiding in the implementation of new policies, processes, software solutions, and/or service providers, as appropriate
- Serve as point person on external relationships including trading counterparties, service providers, auditors, etc.
- Oversee KYC on-boarding process with counterparties, administrators and banks
- Design and effect robust FP&A and operations function and processes
- Serve on the internal audit and valuation committees
- Assist with and oversee daily t+1 reconciliation process of all accounts and funds
- Aid in the preparation of financial statements for AI’s Board
- Work with AI’s fund administrators and banks to ensure accurate recordkeeping and reporting of fund and investor performance (shadow NAVs)
- Coordinate annual audits with auditor(s)
- Assist in facilitating onboarding and managing the day to day operational and financial reporting requirements of investment teams on the Company’s platforms
- Present finance and operational infrastructure to prospective investors and represent the firm at industry events
Required Traits, Skills & Experience
- Prior senior-level experience in operations and/or finance within a hedge fund or prime broker
- Ability to creatively structure unique financing solutions
- Accounting designation is required and at least a fundamental understanding of US GAAP and US taxation
- Expert knowledge of securities financing/margining, collateral, etc.
- Cross-asset class experience including in listed and OTC derivatives
- Proven ability to take initiative and run with projects with minimal handholding
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of success in building and managing high performance teams