Role: Chief Financial Officer
Reporting Line: President and CEO
Compensation: Salary + Bonus (+ potential equity)
Reply: Apply online at https://alphainnovations.io/careers/
Alpha Innovations is a next-generation asset management company that is moving quickly to disrupt our industry. As our name suggests, we are hyper-focused on mining a finite resource – persistent alpha. While that is the noble goal of most asset managers, we have designed our firm from the ground up to cost-effectively extract various forms of alpha from different markets and deliver that alpha to our investors, who have entrusted us with their capital. By building our firm from the ground up with the latest technologies, we have created an asset management firm for the future–one with the unwavering goal of enriching our valued investors.
While AI’s corporate goals are quite simple, our business is not so. We as we roll out diverse innovative products across varying jurisdictions, our financing financial planning becomes a complex system. We need a CFO who can not only delve into the financial and tax aspects of a project, but also someone who can see the larger picture of what we are building and offer creative solutions to optimize our results. This role will is far from your typical fund CFO role, in is rather one that
- Design and affect a robust FP&A function and processes.
- Engineer and implement relevant policies and procedures (eg. T&E).
- Serve as point person on external relationships including trading counterparties, service providers, auditors, etc.
- Serve as chair of the internal audit and valuation committees.
- Build and manage fund valuation team.
Required Traits and Skills
- Must be able to creatively structure unique financing solutions in order maximize margins and expenses incurred by our clients.
- CPA or JD with tax specialty required.
- Expert knowledge of securities financing/margining, collateral, etc.
- 10+ years of experience supporting investment businesses including prior hedge fund experience.
- Strong experience domestic and international tax.
- Prior experience in securitized debt structuring would be a great plus.