Role: Associate, Alpha Sourcing
Reporting Line: Director, Alpha Sourcing
Location: New York
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
Reply: Apply online at https://alphainnovations.io/careers/
Alpha Innovations is a next-generation asset management company that is moving quickly to disrupt the industry. As our name suggests, we are hyper-focused on mining a finite resource – persistent alpha. We have designed our firm from the ground up to cost-effectively extract various forms of alpha from different markets, and deliver that alpha to our investors. By leveraging the latest technologies and our extensive experience in the finance world, we create offerings with highly compelling returns and avoid many of the risks and expenses associated with traditional asset management. We have engineered a firm for the future–one with the unwavering goal of enriching our valued investors.
The core of our value proposition to our investors is the delivery of persistent alpha. Therefore we are looking for a talented investment professional who can combine creativity with both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to source innovative alphas for our products. We are constantly looking for investment teams to deliver this alpha, which we look to hire either as internal alpha teams or external alpha teams. In this role, we are seeking a junior to mid-level Associate to assist in the identification and validation of potential internal and external alpha teams.
- Assist senior investment staff in the Investigation and evaluation of emerging strategies of potential sources of alpha and market participants are best-positioned to extract that alpha.
- Source and conduct thorough due diligence on alpha managers and their strategies including deep dive quantitative analysis in concert with the Risk Management team.
- Write and assist in the presentation in-depth reports for the Investment Committee detailing findings with recommendations.
- In collaboration with Risk Management, monitor live alpha performance for deviations from expected performance and recommend any necessary remedial actions to the IC.
Required Traits and Skills
- 3+ years of investment industry experience with at least one year of sourcing and conducting deep dive diligence on traditional and esoteric investment strategies and alpha managers.
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline and/or CFA preferred.
- Solid data manipulation skills.
- Willingness to travel (~10% of time).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep understanding of not only traditional hedge fund strategies, but also esoteric strategies.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Unwavering fortitude to voice opinions with conviction based on facts.